Monster Mash
But there is hope. Consider, for example, Girl Talk’s critically acclaimed release, Night Talker. The disc squeezes over 150 samples into 16 crazy tracks. I don’t know what I love more – when he combines the opening to The Verve’s ‘Bittersweet Symphony’ with the bass line from Ying Yang Twins' ‘Whisper Song’ on 'Once Again', or when he puts Biggie’s vocals to ‘Juicy’ over Elton John’s ‘Tiny Dancer’ on 'Smash Your Head'. Check out the album, I guarantee you’ll be trying to name every sample you hear...
Greg Gillis, otherwise known as Girl Talk, was in Toronto recently to spin at Spin Gallery. Those who were fortunate enough to be there certainly must have had I great time. On the other hand, I was unfortunately pre-occupied. Another missed opportunity for which I continue to kick myself.
Girl Talk - Night Ripper
[Buy it]
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home