Simply Terrible...
I would love to have had an insider's look at the studio when Muse recorded their latest single, Knights of Cydonia. This could be the very worst piece of music ever written. It begins with lasers firing, and horses galloping. Yes, apparently the band is paying tribute to the great intergalactic battle between space-cowboys and space-Indians. This leads into a terrible guitar riff that uses a Beach Boys-esque form of distortion. The guitar is accompanied by a horn section, of course. Following a two minute introduction, we get into some lyrics - real deep ones, too:
"Come ride with me
Through the veins of history
I'll show you how god
Falls asleep on the job"
Wow.
If that wasn't bad enough, here comes the chorus! Freddie Mercury is not just rolling in his grave, he has actually come back to life to pour cement into his auditory canals. That my friends, is how bad this song is. Congratulations Muse, you've angered me. If and when I see you at V-Fest in Toronto, you will either get the booing of a life time, or a drunken standing ovation.
Check it out for yourselves...
Knights of Cydonia
"Come ride with me
Through the veins of history
I'll show you how god
Falls asleep on the job"
Wow.
If that wasn't bad enough, here comes the chorus! Freddie Mercury is not just rolling in his grave, he has actually come back to life to pour cement into his auditory canals. That my friends, is how bad this song is. Congratulations Muse, you've angered me. If and when I see you at V-Fest in Toronto, you will either get the booing of a life time, or a drunken standing ovation.
Check it out for yourselves...
Knights of Cydonia
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home