Scars & Memories
Unfortunately for MF Grimm, he is often confined to the shadow of us former friend and collaborator MF Doom. The recent beef between the two has sparked much debate over which emcee is better. Despite all the arguments for or against Grimm, true underground fans realize that he brings something to the table that Doom doesn't. Realness. MF Grimm is a much grittier emcee, and he is more capable of conveying emotion through his lyrics. As evidence, check out 2005's Scars & Memories. A collection that recounts the last decade and a half, the album documents Grimm's growth up until this point.

Scars & Memories
Oh yeah, don't think that I have something against Doom... I actually enjoy both emcees...
Scars & Memories
Oh yeah, don't think that I have something against Doom... I actually enjoy both emcees...
2 Comments:
At 3:18 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I've only recently been getting into the Grimm stuff (primarily since the 'Book of Daniel' track) & he really is a great MC in his own right. I agree he does bring a realness that is missing with a lot of rappers.
Great post.
At 10:39 p.m.,
....that guy said…
thanks man, appreciate it... yeah, he has a certain authenticity that is rare in hip hop
Post a Comment
<< Home