A Couple Guilty Pleasures...
So I had a pretty big weekend. I think it will take a few days to completely flush the alcohol out of my liver. I heard a couple of songs in one club (Yeah, I was actually at a club - what the hell is happening to me?!) that I haven't been able to get out of my head. It's not that they're anything special, especially lyrically. The beats, however, grabbed me almost instantly. I'm not a huge fan of any of these artists, but these songs are definitely fun...
T.I. - What U Know
I don't think that I hate any mainstream emcee more than this guy. I absolutely loathe the fact that he's getting so much attention paid to him. I think in every song of his that I've heard he's rhymed about the same nonsense - typical monotonous "I'm better than you" rap. There's something about this song that I just love, though... check it out.
Purple Ribbon All-Stars (ft. Big Boi) - Kryptonite
This track's a bit older, but I still file it in my guilty pleasure section. The Purple Ribbon All-Stars are a group formed by Outkast's Big Boi. Ironically, he's starring in T.I.'s upcoming movie, ATL. The song is straight southern hip-hop, I really don't have anything else to say about it... check it out.
E-40 - Tell Me When to Go
This song is crazy. Lil Jon's production sounds nothing like anything he's ever done. E-40, if you're not familiar with him, has a flow that can't be compared to anyone else's. In combining the two, I'm expecting to hear this song a lot more... check it out.
T.I. - What U Know
I don't think that I hate any mainstream emcee more than this guy. I absolutely loathe the fact that he's getting so much attention paid to him. I think in every song of his that I've heard he's rhymed about the same nonsense - typical monotonous "I'm better than you" rap. There's something about this song that I just love, though... check it out.
Purple Ribbon All-Stars (ft. Big Boi) - Kryptonite
This track's a bit older, but I still file it in my guilty pleasure section. The Purple Ribbon All-Stars are a group formed by Outkast's Big Boi. Ironically, he's starring in T.I.'s upcoming movie, ATL. The song is straight southern hip-hop, I really don't have anything else to say about it... check it out.
E-40 - Tell Me When to Go
This song is crazy. Lil Jon's production sounds nothing like anything he's ever done. E-40, if you're not familiar with him, has a flow that can't be compared to anyone else's. In combining the two, I'm expecting to hear this song a lot more... check it out.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home