Bye-Bye Chef
Well, it looks like the boys over at South Park have finally done. It took nine seasons, but you knew it was only a matter of time before members of the cast would get pissed off at something. Isaac Hayes, the voice of Chef, has decided to leave the show. Reports indicate that Hayes, a Scientologist, was unhappy with the show's more recent ridicule of the religion. Personally, I don’t think that this split is particularly good for either side. The show itself is losing one of its major characters. Although Chef’s importance to the show has steadily decreased throughout the years, his contributions to its initial success cannot be overlooked. Isaac Hayes, on the other hand, is walking away from the show that helped to remind the public about the once hugely popular singer. Who knows what he may end up doing, but he can only coast on that Shaft money for so long.

I haven’t really watched the show for a while, but whenever I do it manages to make me laugh. It’s not as funny as other programs (like Family Guy), but it is good for a smile every now and then. I do have to commend it on its sheer ballsiness, and its fearlessness when it comes to making fun of the media, Hollywood and mainstream American society.
Check out the clip in question here...
I haven’t really watched the show for a while, but whenever I do it manages to make me laugh. It’s not as funny as other programs (like Family Guy), but it is good for a smile every now and then. I do have to commend it on its sheer ballsiness, and its fearlessness when it comes to making fun of the media, Hollywood and mainstream American society.
Check out the clip in question here...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home