the white barry

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Not to be Mistaken With Milo & Otis...

Mylo’s Destroy Rock and Roll has been receiving a significant amount of press lately on this side of the Atlantic. The album is being praised by critics, and is just now being discovered after rocking dance floors across the globe. I first heard of Mylo while overseas, and am glad to see garnering so much success. His music echoes the past successes of groups such as Daft Punk and the Basement Jaxx. Although I am not a huge fan of dance music, there’s no denying Destroy Rock and Roll's catchiness. It’s a fun and uplifting album, and its songs are guilty of getting me moving more than once. Now that it is finally available here, it will be seen whether it can similarly infect North American audiences. I definitely file this record with my other guilty pleasures.

Mylo - Destroy Rock and Roll

Destroy Rock and Roll

And here is the equally addictive Mylo/Miami Sound Machine remix:

Doctor Pressure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home