the white barry

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Daily Report: Wha Happened?!?

No Service Last Night...
Well, it seems like my Blogger account was down for a significant portion of last night. I apologize to anyone who got as frustrated as I did trying to access the site. I frantically worked to back everything up, thinking that the site had been removed or something... Luckily, it's still here!

Davis a Raptor Again (For Now)
The Toronto Raptors finally got rid of Jalen Rose yesterday, trading him and a first round draft pick for the expiring contract of Antonio "I'm Crazy & So Is My Wife" Davis. The funniest part, and the reality of professional sports today, is that the Raptors know that Davis will likely never play another game for them. They actually prefer to call the transaction a move to acquire salary-cap relief. Here's an excerpt from the team's trade release:

RAPTORS ACQUIRE CAP RELIEF, DAVIS FROM NEW YORK

(February 3, 2006) -- The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have acquired $10 million in salary cap relief and former Raptors centre/forward Antonio Davis from the New York Knicks in exchange for guard/forward Jalen Rose, Denver's first-round draft pick in the 2006 NBA Draft and an undisclosed amount of cash. The Nuggets' pick had been acquired from New Jersey as part of the December 2000 Vince Carter trade.

Wake Up, Antonio!

At least this off season the Raptors may be able to make some decent moves.

New Vines Tracks Up & Streaming
Dreamin the Insane, an online fanzine for the Australian band has links to streaming versions of two new songs. Both "Don't Listen to the Radio" and the first single "Gross Out" are available.

The Vines

Chappelle on Oprah
Dammit, I can't believe that I missed this! Comedian Dave Chappelle was on Oprah yesterday, and according to one of my friends who saw it, he was totally insane. My friend was absolutely convinced that he was on some sort of drugs. Among other things, he mentioned he would be open to finishing the third season of The Chappelle Show.

You want some pancakes?