9th is... Wonderful
I hate all the criticism that 9th Wonder gets. Music critics often rip him apart for using the same snare sample in most of his songs. There's nothing wrong with what 9th does, DJ Premier has been using the same snare for years. I think it’s beneficial, as it helps listeners identify the producer of a specific track. He's frequently called the new Pete Rock, which is fine by me. I don't like the label that he and the other members of Little Brother have received. Often referred to as the saviours of hip hop, the group has had a pressure placed on their shoulders similar to that the Strokes received upon the release of their debut album. However, 9th consistently creates high quality music, better than most of the other hip hop out there. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks 9th's beats are better than Kanye's. I absolutely love them. There's a certain honesty to their soulfulness that just can't be found on Kanye's stuff. He's certainly made me a believer in the power of fruity loops! Check out some personal favourites:

Consequence (ft. Little Brother) - I See Now
De La Soul - Church
Jean Grae - Don't Rush Me
Jay Z - Threat
Kaze - 50/50 (9th Wonder Remix)
Kaze - Last Laugh
Little Brother - The Beginning
Little Brother - Love Joint Revisited
Little Brother - Lovin It
Little Brother (ft. Joe Scudda) - Sinners
Memphis Bleek - Yeah
Murs - Walk Like a Man
Consequence (ft. Little Brother) - I See Now
De La Soul - Church
Jean Grae - Don't Rush Me
Jay Z - Threat
Kaze - 50/50 (9th Wonder Remix)
Kaze - Last Laugh
Little Brother - The Beginning
Little Brother - Love Joint Revisited
Little Brother - Lovin It
Little Brother (ft. Joe Scudda) - Sinners
Memphis Bleek - Yeah
Murs - Walk Like a Man
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home