A little of this, a little of that...
Okay, so the period between New Years and now really didn't help the progression of this blog. My apologies. To make it up, however, I have another selection of "tunes", as well as a nice surprise...
Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel The Illinoise!: Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition/Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
Wow, that's a song title and a half. But seriously, this is quite the tune. It clocks in at well over 6 minutes, but that doesn't matter. It maintains your attention throughout with its sheer uniqueness. Wha?!? Oh well.
Click Here!!
Groove Armada - Super Stylin
I know, it's old. I still love this song. It has an amazingly addictive beat that is part dancehall, part UK garage, and part hip hop. Everytime that I hear this song in a club, which still happens, I go nutty. 100% nutty.
Super Stylin
The Doves - Black And White Town
This song has a fantastic beat. It's a beat that you can really dance to, you know? Tap your toes and such. Of course, it may be hard now that dancing has been out-lawed in my county. Where's Kevin Bacon when I need him??
Black and White Town
FULL ALBUM!!
Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel The Illinoise!: Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition/Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
Wow, that's a song title and a half. But seriously, this is quite the tune. It clocks in at well over 6 minutes, but that doesn't matter. It maintains your attention throughout with its sheer uniqueness. Wha?!? Oh well.
Click Here!!
Groove Armada - Super Stylin
I know, it's old. I still love this song. It has an amazingly addictive beat that is part dancehall, part UK garage, and part hip hop. Everytime that I hear this song in a club, which still happens, I go nutty. 100% nutty.
Super Stylin
The Doves - Black And White Town
This song has a fantastic beat. It's a beat that you can really dance to, you know? Tap your toes and such. Of course, it may be hard now that dancing has been out-lawed in my county. Where's Kevin Bacon when I need him??
Black and White Town
FULL ALBUM!!
J Dilla - Donuts (Advance Copy)
I've said it before and I'll say it again - J Dilla is one of the best producers in rap. His work with A Tribe Called Quest was amazing, as were the earlier Slum Village albums. His BBE release, "Welcome to Detroit", was a superb blend of hip hop and jazz. "Donuts", his first solo release on Stones Throw Records, was recorded in hospital while Jay Dee was recovering from serious health problems. I haven't listened to "Donuts" enough to formulate an opinion. It is entirely made up of instrumentals, each of which is close to 2 minutes in length.... Check it out. Just be sure to excuse the mis-spelling of doughnuts, as I already have...
Peace in the middle east...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home