the white barry

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Now Listen Here...

So here we go, the main purpose of this whole contraption... to share whats in my ears with the rest of the world. I start off with a simple collection of songs that have been in my head the last few days...

The Strokes - You Only Live Once

As the opener to the band's new album, this track is easily the most consistent with their previous work. It's great though. It works. It is quickly becoming my favourite off of "First Impressions of Earth".

You Only Live Once


The Stills - Gender Bombs

I love The Stills. There, I've said it and I don't care who knows. If The Stills were a girl, I would take them to a Malt Shop for a soda. Then, we would drive up to make-out point where I would let my "frisky" hands get to work. Thats only if they were a girl though.

Gender Bombs


Wolf Parade - Modern World

Yes, I'm fully aware that Wolf Parade is the band of the moment. I don't care. We can bring it to fisticuffs, if need be. This song is great, and if that makes me a groupie, then damn it call me a groupie. But do it to my face, because then you will feel the true power of my rage.

Modern World


Arcade Fire - Crown of Love

I know what you're thinking. Another "it" band. Well, you've caught me again. Aren't you just a genius??!! This is the one song on the album that most people probably ignore. It's great though, and definitely worth a listen.

Crown of Love


Common - It's Your World

This is my favourite song off of his lastest album, Be. I love JayDee as a producer, and would take one of his beats over Kanye's any day of the week. In fact, I hereby boycott Kanye West and everything he stands for... except for Ralph Lauren polo shirts, of course. Those little horsies are so adorable. And over-sized sunglasses - is there a better way to protect your eyes from those dangerous UV rays?

Its Your World


Little Brother - Away From Me

Call me crazy, but I was a little dissapointed by the Minstrel Show. Yes, it was a solid album, but in my mind it was nowhere near as good as the Listening. Take this track off their debut, for example. 9th Wonder's beat is hypnotizing, and Phonte and Big Pooh bring some good lyrics about being away from those you care about. Not that I would know what that is like, I only care about myself... and we're pretty much inseperable.

Away From Me


Dodgy - In a Room

I used to love this album when I was like 15 or 16. I can't remember the age, but I remember that I used to repeat this song over and over, along with Good Enough and If You're Thinking of Me. Pure and innocent 90's Brit Pop.

In A Room


Stars - You're Ex-Lover is Dead

This song makes me cry. Even the thought of someone clicking on that link makes me cry. Okay, to be completely honest, everything makes me cry. Everything but that ugly little troll on Malcolm in the Middle. Frankie Muniz, it's me and you.... it's me and you...

Your Ex-Lover is Dead

1 Comments:

  • At 12:18 a.m., Blogger Nat said…

    Insound.com has The Strokes’ upcoming album "First Impressions of Earth"
    available for pre-orders. You get a free “Juice Box” 7-inch single with
    all pre-orders, and plus you can use the coupon code "earth15" to save
    15% on your order.
    Here's the link... http://www.insound.com/noteworthy/promo.php?p=530&from

     

Post a Comment

<< Home